Monday 7 November 2011

Remember Remember....

....to go and see the fireworks on the 5th of November!

Or, as it should be:
....... the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason, why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

I remember my 'first' 5th of November.
It was 2008, I (Martin, 'The Dutchman') had just came over to England 4 days earlier.
My whole life packed in a transit van.
Moving to a foreign country, moving in with the love of my life...
Best thing I've ever done!

Fireworks in November? I couldn't quite get it... Celebrating treason with fireworks?? Was it a culture difference?

Eventually I understood what is was all about, but unfortunately I hadn't had the chance to go and see the fireworks over the past few years... Until this year....

A hotdog, a massive bonfire that was basically gone in 30 minutes time (the boys must have loved their petrol...) and the best firework display I have ever seen in my life!

 Warming up...

It almost looked like a planet suddenly appeared in the sky!
(I know, I have the imagination of a little boy sometimes!)




 One of my favourites!








I thoroughly enjoyed my 'first' 5th of November!

Well done organisers in Hungerford!
And thank you very much Emma for taking me there!

'I'll remember remember.... next year's 5th of November!

2 comments:

Madelief said...

Hoi Martin,

Je hebt het vuurwerk prachtig vastgelegd. Ik blijf het altijd moeilijk vinden!

Wat het bij jullie ook zo warm het afgelopen weekend? Bij ons was het zaterdag zulk mooi weer dat het heerlijk vertoeven was op het terras!

Succes met alle kerstversieringen, of zijn jullie al klaar?

Lieve groet, Madelief

Martin & the Magpie said...

Hoi Madelief,

Nee het was hier te koud voor een terrasje afgelopen weekend! Het is echt herfstweer op het moment! Nat en koud!

Kerst zijn we nog niet mee bezig. Dat komt pas in December! Het voelt verkeerd om daarvoor er al mee bezig te zijn! Afgezien van kaneelstokjes en dat soort dingetjes krijgen we niet veel echte 'kerstdingen' in de winkel. Wij houden meer van een 'natuurlijke' kerst!

Ben jij al bezig met voorbereidingen?

Liefs,
Martin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...